Mothers Helpers is wanting to create a core team that see to the management of key operations:
- Promotion and communications
- Media and Public relations
- Relationship building
- Funding applications
- Event planning
Contact Us if you are interested in applying and would like a full role description
In-home Volunteer (Home Help Worker)
- Providing childcare at the course venue for the mothers’ children attending the PND Recovery course and/or providing childcare and light housework (eg. dishes, laundry, vacuuming) for a few hours at least one day per week so that mum can get a break
- Ensuring that mum takes her break (eg. taking a nap, going for a walk, seeing a friend, attending an appointment). The first few times she might prefer to hang around to get to know you while you do some light housework to help.
- Having a warm, friendly manner that is compassionate, caring and non-judgmental towards our mums and their children
We will carry out an identity check, police check and character reference on all those providing home help to families however it is the responsibility of the family to carry out interviews and other reference checks till they feel satisfied. They have the right to decline volunteers if there is anything they don’t feel comfortable with.
A full job description is available – Contact Us if you are interested in applying