Parenthood is a joy and holds a wealth of excitement…
… it also presents new responsibilities for both the mother and the father, and as a couple it can be the most anxious and beautiful period in a relationship.
Having a baby will lead you to make changes in your life and requires a great deal of adjustment for all of the family.
Before baby arrives it’s important to take time to talk with your partner about all the changes ahead to ensure that you:
- Prepare psychologically in order to adjust more easily to your new role
- Establish support networks for you and your baby
- Take care of yourself physically and emotionally
- Balance your needs with the needs of your child
How can Mothers Helpers help you?
Mothers Helpers runs a six week course focused on helping you prepare for the life-changing and wonderful experience that you are about to embark on. This includes two one-on-one sessions with you and your partner.
Charges are $40/wk per couple (6 weeks). Next
- Coping with Change
- Building Resilience
- Self-esteem and Self-care
- Bonding with your baby
- Stress management
- Psychological adjustment to parenting
Facilitated by: Kristina Paterson
Courses available on the North Shore, Wednesday evenings 7:30-9pm. Next course starting soon – limited spaces!