For the first time, Mothers Helpers makes the PND Recovery Course training available to all qualified counsellors, social workers, psychologists and mental health nurses interested in becoming a facilitator.
About the Course
The PND Recovery course is 10 weeks and can be provided by you either via group facilitation or one-on-one to your clients who are experiencing Perinatal Depression or Anxiety. We have been tracking results of the course for several years and we have found that 65% of women attending the course are fully recovered and symptom- free at the conclusion of the course. All attendees’ symptoms improve at an average of 51%. This is currently the only course available in New Zealand with proven outcomes of recovery. The course itself is holistic and relies on researched techniques found to aid recovery from depression.
When you register for this conference you will:
- Become an accredited provider of the Perinatal Depression “Steps to Recovery” course with a certificate acknowledging your training
- Take your current clients through this effective programme either individually or in group therapy
- Receive referrals of women wanting to attend the Perinatal Depression Recovery course according to your available time and spaces available
- Have the opportunity to offer the women referred to you one-on-one counselling following the Recovery course
- Have confidence knowing you are delivering a programme that has a high recovery rate (65%) with all attendees having an average of 51% improvement in depression scores
About the Trainer
Kristina Paterson is a Registered Nurse, has a Graduate Diploma in Not-for-Profit Management and a Masters in Applied Social Work.
The training will be available via online download. We are currently working on this and it will be available soon.
Please Contact Us to express your interest in being contacted when this is available.