For the first time, Mothers Helpers makes the PND Recovery Course training available to all qualified counsellors, social workers, psychologists and mental health nurses interested in becoming a facilitator.
About the Course
The PND Recovery course is 10 weeks and can be provided by you either via group facilitation or one-on-one to your clients who are experiencing Perinatal Depression or Anxiety. We have been tracking results of the course for several years and we have found that 65% of women attending the course are fully recovered and symptom- free at the conclusion of the course. All attendees’ symptoms improve at an average of 51%. This is currently the only course available in New Zealand with proven outcomes of recovery. The course itself is holistic and relies on researched techniques found to aid recovery from depression.
When you register for this conference you will:
- Become an accredited provider of the Perinatal Depression “Steps to Recovery” course with a certificate acknowledging your training
- Receive two post-course coaching sessions from your training presenter
- Take your current clients through this effective programme either individually or in group therapy
- Receive regular referrals of women wanting to attend the Perinatal Depression Recovery course according to your available time and spaces available*
- Have the opportunity to offer the women referred to you one-on-one counselling following the Recovery course
- Have the opportunity to deliver an online group (via skype) to women who are located in areas where there are not facilitators available if you have an interest in this and have the opportunity to offer ongoing online counselling to these women following completion of the course
- Receive a “Check Up from the Neck Up” PNDA Awareness Week event advertising pack (includes banner, fliers, balloons). This not only promotes PNDA Awareness but also increases your referrals
- Have confidence knowing you are delivering a programme that has a high recovery rate (65%) with all attendees having an average of 51% improvement in depression scores
* Mothers Helpers charges a finders’ fee of 35% of course total per woman attending to counsellors/social workers/psychologists in private practice or request a $500pa membership fee from not-for-profit organisations.
For more information, go to our Frequently Asked Questions
About the Training
The training itself is a three-day conference limited to 20 people in beautiful boutique seaside accommodation in Flaxmill Bay (Coromandel) and provided by course author Kristina Paterson. Kristina Paterson is a Registered Nurse, has a Graduate Diploma in Not-for-Profit Management and is in her final year of her Masters in Applied Social Work.
(Certified) Training & Catering (includes morning tea, lunch, tea & coffee) with Guest Speaker:
$395pp super early bird until 8th August 2017
$450pp early bird until 4 September 2017
$595pp standard until 20 September 2017
Shared House Accommodation (14 rooms available) $160 for 2 nights
Shared Room in House Accommodation (2 beds/1 room available) $80 for 2 nights
Shared Cabin Accommodation (4 beds available) $45 for 2 nights
Extras (cost by private arrangement)
Shuttle to/from Auckland Airport
Wednesday night dinner
Thursday night dinner
Our course this year is from 4-6 October 2017, Coromandel Peninsula, New Zealand.
To book your tickets click here